Pasta alla norma
Pasta ALLA NORMA
Simple meets indulgent
Topped with chunks of roasted eggplant, and served over a bed of brown rice pasta, this reimagined yet reminiscent dish is ready to take you and your tastebuds to Sicily. Simple and solid ingredients serve as a base for the robust flavours of my signature Rosé sauce.
1 Eggplant, cubed
1 Onion, diced
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Jar of Rosé Sauce
½ Bag Brown rice Pasta
4 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste
How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 425°F
2. Toss cubed eggplant with 2 tbsp of olive oil, Italian seasoning, and a good pinch of salt, and toss to coat.
3. Roast eggplant on a parchment paper lined tray for approx. 20 mins until golden brown.
4. Add the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil to the frying pan, add onions and garlic on medium heat cook until the onions are soft.
5. Add cherry tomatoes, and cook until the tomatoes blister.
6. Add Rosé sauce.
7. Add Spinach and stir the sauce together.
8. While sauce is simmering cook the pasta
9. Plate the pasta, and spoon in the tomato sauce.
10. Add chunks of roasted eggplant on top of the sauce.
11. Garnish with fresh basil.